I've been waiting to post about this dress so that I could get better pictures, but that might take tooo long! I've been neglecting this blog! This was the skirt that I turned into a sundress for Ella. First, I cut the waistband off of the skirt. Second, I opened up on side seam and cut about 4 inches out of the skirt so that it wouldn't be as full. Third, I sewed a piece of elastic around the top of the skirt and another piece the same length about 6 down. This became the empire waist of the dress. The fourth step was to add pink grosgrain ribbon for straps at the top (not pictured) and around the waist to tie in the back. I also added a section of crocheted lace at the front of the waistband.