Friday, June 20, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, June 6, 2008
I'm going to help you help me celebrate with a giveaway! This will be fun and hey- your odds are pretty good since there's only usually like 2 comments! I'll leave this post up for one week. Please leave me a comment if you'd like to enter the drawing and next Saturday, the 14th, I'll post the winner. I'll be giving away a headband.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
1. Cut 2 strips of fabric (I use flannel. It "sticks" to bald baby heads and holds better to hair). The strips should be approx. 14" long (maybe 16" for an adult although 14" works fine) and 1 1/2" wide at the ends and about 2" at the middle. Also cut 2 pieces of ribbon (I use sheer, but for this illustration I've chosen a darker color) approx. 12" long.
2. Place one piece of ribbon on the right side of one piece of the headband.
3. Place the 2nd headband piece over the first with right sides together. The ribbon will be in the middle of the 2 pieces now.
4. Stitch along the outside edge of the headband on 3 sides making sure to secure the ribbon to the headband. Leave one end open. Now the "fun" part- carefully turn the inside of the headband out.You should have something that looks like this now:
5. To finish the open end, turn 1/4" of the edge toward the inside of the headband. Stick the end of the 2nd piece of ribbon into the headband and stich the end closed. With this stitch the end will be finished and the ribbon secured.
6. Topstitch all the way around the headband and ta-da.... DONE! See- this even fit mommy's head! (to see more click here)